CALISTO is Powerful!
CALISTO is FAST!
CALISTO is NOW!
1) Static (now) and dynamic (later) colored lighting (not just B/W)
2) Goraud shading (now)
3) Texture LOD (level of detail) via mipmapping (later; actually, soon)
4) Supports windowed and full screen modes
5) Supports any 3D hardware accelleration (Monster3D, Righteous, Stingray,etc.) via Direct3D
6) Colored fog (now), for unique visual effects (i.e. underwater is "cool")
7) Transparency (later) (will make objects gradually appear and disappear as well as standard transparency effects)
8) Inverse kinematics (IK) for object animation (very soon)
9) Uses 3D Studio or 3D Studio Max for object creation (industry standard)
10) Will have its own level editor; this will be a nice, intuitive editor which could be released with the product or later on as a Value-Ad Product.
11) Other advanced features.
If time permits, Calisto will include:
1) Tessellation for object LOD